Wednesday 12 March 2014

You want to run a marathon? Are you f*%$ing crazy!?

Running a marathon is many things.
Easy is one thing it is not!
It is bloody hard, yet bloody rewarding!
The effort and dedication required to train for a marathon is immense but the pay off is huge. You'll feel fitter and healthier than you've ever felt before, in tune with your body (sounds wanky but you'll understand when you do it) and the satisfaction of crossing that finish line is sweet and addictive.

In order to get to that point one needs to commit to months and months of training though. There will be tears, blisters, sweating, chafing, vomiting, more tears, cramping, lost toe nails, days of "I don't want to go for a run because I drank too much last night" and the occasional 'shart' (did you ever push too hard to squeeze a fart out and end up with a little more than you bargained for in the back of your pants? Well that my friend is a shart! As a marathon runner you'll learn all about those disgusting little pants-fillers).


To start my series of blog posts I will be looking at the marathon. That is the distance of 42.195 kilometres (or 26.2 miles for my metrically challenged friends). Over the coming days and weeks I will be writing about the how, why, who, where and when of marathon running. I will talk about my experience of the distance and a host of issues that go along with training for and running a marathon. I sincerely hope you enjoy my blog. If you happen to learn something along the way too, then that is extra cool!
Happy running!
Runner Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment